(NASDAQ: SOLO) ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp. company website.
Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp is a Canadian manufacturer of automobiles and multi-utility vehicles. The Company develops and manufactures 1) electric vehicles for mass markets and 2) custom-built high-end vehicles. The Company has designed and built all-electric SOLO, a single-seater electric vehicle. It has also designed the Tofino, electric two-seater roadster set.
• Revenue in the first quarter of 2020 was CAD$116,813, compared to CAD$101,404 in the same year-ago quarter.
• Net loss in the first quarter of 2020 was CAD$1.9 million, compared to a net loss of CAD$20.7 million in the same year-ago quarter.
• Cash used in operations during the first quarter of 2020 was CAD$3.2 million, compared to cash used in operations of CAD$6.7 million in the same year-ago quarter.
• The low sale price will be appealing to buyers looking for a cheap commuter vehicle.
• Company has plans to build a new U.S. state-of-the-art facility, hiring up to 250 people. This would potentially eliminate tariffs and logistical efficiencies for U.S. sales.
• EVs are projected to exceed more than 30% of all passenger vehicles in the US by 2040.
• Minimal revenues
• The SOLO has a unique design and purpose that may not become a commercial success.
• The electric car market is hot right now, perhaps a bubble.
• The company expects to in incur losses to increase significantly for design, develop and manufacture their vehicles, components, manufacturing facility, inventory, open dealerships, marketing, and administration
• Because of minimal cash flow the company will need to raise additional funds through the sale of stock, which could dilute the value of your investment.
• The company entered into a manufacturing agreement with a subsidiary of Zongshen Industrial Group Co. Ltd., located in Chongqing, China. Zongshen’s financial condition, as well as geopolitical and economic risks, could affect their ability to produce the cars needed.